12th December 1940
2:28pm 12th December 1940 - Arrived at our second patrol area, grid AM52. Weather is still a little rough with 7mps winds, reduced visibility and overcast skies. The navigator is confident we are in the right area despite fixing our exact position being difficult, we haven't seen sun or stars in about a week.We have just under 70% of total fuel capacity remaining, enough to travel 14,900km at 9 knots.We also have 7 torpedo's remaining ( 4 G7e and 3 G7a, Fore and Aft external reserves have been transferred inside the boat ) and only 46 HE 8.8 shells.
Perhaps we'll have more luck in this area, I'm determined to find a convoy before we are forced to return home. According to the charts, this area of sea is quite dense with shipping lanes, I have little doubt we'll find something of interest here.
Perhaps we'll have more luck in this area, I'm determined to find a convoy before we are forced to return home. According to the charts, this area of sea is quite dense with shipping lanes, I have little doubt we'll find something of interest here.
